ON THE OCCASION OF HOSTING THE
WORLD MEN TEAM SQUASH CHAMPIONSHIP
ISLAMABAD - 2005
COMMEMORATIVE POSTAGE STAMP
Decembers 8. 2005
- Pakistan is fortunate to have abundant talent in our youth, who also possess the necessary urge to excel in the game of squash. No other country has such a galaxy of champions, and memory of the achievements of Hashim Khan, Azam Khan, Roshan Khan, Mohibullah Khan, Qamar Zaman, Jahangir Khan and Jansher Khan are a source of pride and inspiration for all young players of squash in the country. This unrivalled ascendancy owed much to the outstanding performance by the group of players mentioned above, who studded the crown of their country with victories after victories at almost all international events. This is a legacy that really makes us proud.
- Pakistan Squash Federation has been privileged by the World Squash Federation to host the 20th World Men Team Squash Championship 2005, one of the most prestigious event on the world squash circuit. The championship is scheduled to be played at Mushaf Squash Complex Islamabad from 08 to 14 December 2005. Twenty-two squash teams from all over the world have confirmed their participation. More than 200 players and 100 officials are likely to be hosted at Marriot Hotel Islamabad during the championship. The participating nations include Australia, Austria, Canada, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Pakistan – the host, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, USA and Wales.
- International sports events like World Team Championship, provide a unique opportunity for sporting luminaries to meet and compete in a spirit of healthy competition and international brotherhood. Additionally, such events serve a broader-purpose of facilitating development and global peace by mitigating effects of traditional territorial boundaries and differences that exist amongst nations. The participants in this event will have the unique opportunity of forging new friendships, exploring common ground among countries, leading to enduring relationships. It is hoped that the World Team Squash Championship will foster greater co-operation and social interaction amongst participants, which would lead to lasting friendships.
- Living up to its past traditions, Pakistan Squash Federation has taken upon itself the responsibility to promote, organize and popularize squash at all levels. Hosting of grand championships like Asian Junior Championship 2003, World Junior Championship 2004 and the World Men Team Squash Championship 2005 is, indeed, a reflection of PSF's commitment to promotion of this sport at the grass-root level.
To Commemorate the Occasion of Hosting the World Men Team Squash Championship Islamabad - 2005, a Commemorative Postage Stamp of Rs. 5/- denomination, is being issued by Pakistan Post on Decembers 8, 2005.
TERMS OF SALE
- The Commemorative Postage stamps will be available for sale from December 8, 2005 at all important Post Offices in the country.
- Overseas orders for Stamps, First Day of issue covers and Leaflets should be addressed to the Manager, Philatelic Bureau, Karachi GPO or Manager National Philatelic Bureau, Islamabad GPO, accompanied by a Bank Draft or Crossed Cheque encashable in Pakistan.
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL, PAKISTAN POST OFFICE, ISLAMABAD
40 x 30 mm
36 x 26 mm
of Stamps in each Sheet:
20 Stamps (4 x 5)
Multi Colours Litho Offset
Special Anti-Counterfeit PVA Gum Paper 102 gsm
Invisible Blue Fibers visible only under UV light
Shanghai Kailum Paper (Group) Co. Ltd. CHINA
Separation Processed on:
Crossfield Drum Scanner/ Processor
Supplied by Customer
Post Office Foundation Press, (Security Division) Karachi.