|Central Library, Bahawalpur||
|Date of Issue (April 26, 2004)||
Central Library Bahawalpur is a historical and very prestigious institution of the area. Its building is a fine model of classical Italian style of architecture. Foundation stone of its building was laid on 8th March 1924 by Sir Rufus Daniel lsaacs, the then Viceroy & Governor General of India on the auspicious occasion of coronation of Amir of Bahawalpur Nawab Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan Abbasi the 5th. Since then the Library has passed through various stages of growth and expansion. Now it has expanded from single block to three separate blocks. Each block is serving a separate section of readers.
It is the 2nd biggest public library of the province. It possesses, besides vast collection of old newspapers since 1947 and even later than it, more than lac books and a fair number of manuscripts. It is also a depository of historical documents of the defunct Bahawalpur State. Number of its regular members is more than 12000. It also caters to the reading needs of students of lslamia University, Bahawalpur, Quaid-e-Azam Medical College Bahawalpur and of other educational institutions of the Division. Library maintains separate sections for children, ladies, special persons and research scholars doing research in Bahawalpur Khawaja Fareed and other scientific and general topics. All and sundry who come to Bahawalpur visit this library. More than 300/350 readers daily visit the library in various capacities. Library also organizes seminars, workshops, book fairs and book exhibition throughout the year. Library has a special role in promoting mass education by arranging literacy walks, debates and other such educational activities. People of the area has always appreciated its positive role in imparting educational, information and recreational services to them.
AND OBJECTIVES OF THE LIBRARY:
is divided into the following sections:-
of Stamps in each Sheet:
Separation Processed on: